Osborne Partners is Your Wealth. Solved.
Osborne Partners delivers sophisticated investment management and active financial planning.
Click here to see our decade in review.
In 1937, Jack Stephenson was a partner with Dodge & Cox, and Phelps Hunter was a Portfolio Manager with Crocker Bank. Jack and Phelps had a vision to build a boutique firm that provided sophisticated institutional investment management and active financial planning for a focused group of high profile families.
Today most of Osborne’s talent is found by hiring all-stars from large institutions, and having them laser focused on their best skills. These focused team members each “wear one hat”, and work together to solve your wealth.
Your portfolio is managed by a team of experienced CFA® Charterholders (the most difficult and rigorous designation to earn in the industry), whose only responsibility is to achieve our two simple investing goals.
Your main point of contact is your own knowledgeable CFP® professional with at least a decade of experience, whose only responsibility is to truly get to know you, and educate you about your customized portfolio and active financial plan.
Over 80 years later, Osborne Partners continues the tradition of solving wealth for families and institutions. Osborne Partners continues to be a private company. Ownership has evolved from the original two founders to the diverse ownership today, which includes 14 current employees.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
- Customize portfolios over six major asset classes similar to large foundations and endowments
- Manage portfolios in-house versus hiring outside managers
- Use nearly all individual securities versus buying mutual funds
- Long history of generating stock-like returns with less than 60% allocated to stocks.
- Concentrate on reducing downside risk
- Include customized, active financial planning services from experienced CFP® professionals on staff
- 2010 —
OPCM reaches $1 billion in assets under management
- 2011 —
- 2012 —
- 2013 —
OPCM reaches $1.5 billion in assets under management
- 2014 —
- 2016 —
- 2017 —
Osborne Partners celebrates 80th year. Team includes 14 owners.
- 2018 —
- 2020 —
Clients cover 33 states. Justin McNichols, CFA (CIO) celebrates 20 years with Osborne Partners.
- Year of Inception
- Assets (in billions) under management as of December 31, 2020
- Number of Employees
- Number of employees who are owners of OPCM
- Number of years our longest-term client has been with OPCM
- Percentage of AUM in liquid investments
- Extra cost to create a Financial Plan at OPCM
- Number of states OPCM clients reside
- Number of generations OPCM has managed portfolios for many families
- CIO Justin McNichols’ ranking in the top-120 according to Barron’s 2015 Top Advisor Rankings: California (and is the 16th ranked advisor on the list that is not with a firm also registered as a broker).